Wednesday 18 November 2009

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, they’re my shoes thank you.

EDITORS PERSONAL NOTE:




Early in 2007 I came across a pair of black patent shoes from Topman which cost a mere £10 in the sale.


Topman -£10.00

Not thinking much of them at the time, I took these shiny fellas to a bachelor party in Barcelona. During the stay I was ridiculed by my drinking partners for wearing such contraptions on my feet. Any time we’d meet up they’d check my feet first to see if I was wearing the shoes. By the time of the wedding in November , black patents from Prada or Russell and Bromley could be spotted on the feet of numerous friends and family.

Dolce and Gabbana sell a laced leather patent shoe in either black or blue for £265.00


 D&G -£265.00




As the black patents became a trend, I explored other patent colours which brings me to the Pewter patents from River Island; a bargain at £20.



        River Island - £20.00

These were saved for my engagement party and I must emphasise the importance of these shoes. Once again they were the talk, but also they are the most comfortable shoes I have owned. I still wear these shoes as they can be worn with almost anything casual to bring a unique look, with the comfort of a trainer.
Spring 2009 I was in Kuwait and visited uber chic Villa Moda. I found a pair of ‘chrome’ shoes by Gucci.


Gucci
These were safely stored away (in their individual dust bags) until the day of my brother’s wedding. Since black patents and pewter shoes had become the norm for me, the chrome Gucci’s were photographed as much as my brother!


Having got word of a Hugo Boss sample sale, the child in me forced me to buy a pair of red –chrome shoes.


These are my personal favourites because of their eccentric look. The shape is very conservative but with the chrome-red finish, it gives an unexpected punch. These debuted at my bother-in-laws fancy dress birthday and added that perfect twist to a moderate outfit. although my favourite look with these is wearing a simple suave suit paired with the chrome-red shoes. This again provides an edgy look without the need to dress as if I were from an ‘80’s high school.


            Hugo Boss

Patent shoes are being more and more recognised by other shoe retailers. Office for example sells a rainbow of patent shoes for £64.99.



Office - Blue / Yellow / Chemelion £64.99


Dune also sell a leather shoe with metallic finish (Amir –MLF032) for £75.00 although I am dubious about the quality of these.


Dune - £75.00

My favourite high street store Topman also sells a selection of chrome finish shoes (including the plain chrome similar to the Gucci’s), but you would need to get yourself to the Oxford Street branch to get your hands on these.









1 comment:

  1. I need some shiny shoes. Silver metallic. WHERE damnit?!

    ReplyDelete